Iowa's Hockenson wins Mackey Award as nation's top tight end
- Alabama leads with 4 AP All-Americans
- Auburn taps Memphis' Dillingham as OC
- Ole Miss hires MacIntyre to head defense
- QB Murray sorry for old anti-gay tweets
- Michigan's Harbaugh not returning to NFL
By The Associated Press
Iowa's T.J. Hockenson is the Mackey Award winner as the best tight end in the country.
The winner was announced Wednesday. Hockenson is the first sophomore to win the award in its 19-year history and the second player from Iowa, joining Dallas Clark in 2002.
The other finalists were Albert Okwuegbunam of Missouri and Kaden Smith of Stanford.
Hockenson had 46 catches for 717 yards and six touchdowns this season for the Hawkeyes. They will play No. 18 Mississippi State in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated December 5, 2018